Dr. Ko & Dr. Yoon are Invisalign Preferred Providers. Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete.
Over 2.5 million Invisalign patients of all ages are now smiling with confidence.
A customized treatment plan is created for you by your doctor.
Dr. Ko or Dr. Yoon will take x-rays, pictures and impressions of your teeth, which Invisalign® will use to create a digital 3-D image of them. From these images, Dr. Ko or Dr. Yoon will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth, and tell you the approximate length of treatment. Using the same technology your Dr. Ko or Dr. Yoon will be able to show you a virtual representation of how your teeth will move with each stage of treatment.
Receive your custom-made aligners from Dr. Ko or Dr. Yoon
Based on your individual treatment plan, a series of custom-made, clear aligners is then created specifically for you. These aligners are made of a smooth, comfortable, BPA-free plastic that won’t irritate your cheeks and gums like traditional metal braces often do. Simply wear them throughout the day, and remove them when you eat or to brush and floss your teeth. As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth gently and gradually begin to shift into place. And because they’re virtually invisible, most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them.
Wear a new aligner every two weeks.
Approximately every two weeks, you will begin wearing a new set of aligners, advancing you to the next stage of your treatment. To monitor your progress, you will also have occasional checkups with Dr. Ko, usually only every six weeks or so. For best results and a timely outcome, you should wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day, throughout your entire treatment.
Reveal your new smile and keep it looking great.
Congratulations! This is the time when you celebrate. You have reached the end of treatment and you will be smiling more than ever.
Once your treatment is complete, protect the beautiful new smile you have invested in. Ask Dr. Ko or Dr. Yoon if you will need retainers to keep your teeth in their new position. Vivera® retainers are custom made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign.
Instructions for current Invisalign Patients:
- Remove aligners from package and rinse under cold water. Aligners should be placed starting with the front teeth first and remove them starting with the back teeth.
- Wear the aligner at all times; except when eating, drinking (other than water), brushing and flossing—about
- Each set should be worn 2 weeks unless instructed otherwise. If the next aligner is too tight, continue wearing your first set a few more days.
- It’s helpful to start the new tray prior to sleeping in the evenings (that way most of the sensitivity is experienced during sleep)
- Aligners stages should not be skipped or accelerated
- Brush teeth and clean the aligners with a soft brush and cold water after every snack or meal in
- Store current aligners in the blue case when they are not worn & store the old aligners in the red case.
- Always store all aligners in a cool, dry place (avoid leaving them in a hot car or next to a hot oven)
- Keep aligners away from boiling water & chemicals
- If an attachment happens to come off, do not worry, let us know & we’ll re-bond it on your next visit.