Jesse H. Ko, DMD
Dr. Ko was born in South Korea and grew up in the Bay Area. He graduated from Mills High School and completed his Bachelors in Science and Masters degree in 1999 at the U.C. Berkeley School of Engineering. He worked as an engineer in the Bay Area for several years before deciding to pursue a career in dentistry.
Dr. Ko went on to complete his DMD from the University of Pennsylvania, and practiced as a general dentist in Pennsylvania for several years. He ultimately decided to pursue a career in orthodontics and went on to complete his specialty certification also from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. As an orthodontist, Dr. Ko has been able to utilize his background and years of experience in both general dentistry and engineering to provide his patients with uniquely comprehensive and customized orthodontic care.
Dr. Ko is married to Dr. Yoon and they both enjoy living in San Ramon with their daughter Joie. Both of their families reside nearby in Orinda and Pleasant Hill. Dr. Ko & Yoon are passionate about supporting their local schools & community and continue to mentor students in pursuing their academic endeavors. Dr. Ko’s hobbies include nature photography, fishing, and generally being active outdoors.
- Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics, University of Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Dental Medicine, School of Dental Medicine University of Pennsylvania
- Masters in Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, U.C. Berkeley
- Bachelors of Science, School of Engineering, U.C. Berkeley
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- American Board of Orthodontics (ABO)
- California Association of Orthodontists (CAO)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- Contra Costa Dental Society (CCDS)